An online refuge for Over-Thinkers, Perfectionists, Introverts, Wanderers, Lonely Hearts, Survivors, and anyone who desires emotional and global freedom.
Hi, my name is Nicole Hind. I provide online counselling services across Australia and overseas. Unveiled Stories is my counselling practice and blog. I also offer in-person sessions in Bellingen and Coffs Harbour.
My mission as a counsellor is to help create containers around the uncontained unruly messes getting in the way of our lives, and empower those who have been neglected, silenced, or ignored. Unveiled Stories was created to connect with those who aren’t getting the help they need, and to serve them fiercely. That’s why I did a Masters Degree in Narrative Therapy and have spent 16 years supporting women, children, non-binary/transgender folks and men for organisations such as Relationships Australia, Women’s Health Centres, The Salvation Army, Kildonan and Centacare (to name a few).
Since 2015 I’ve been so honoured to help folks get a grip on the overwhelm and move forward in our global community via Unveiled Stories Counselling.
If you resonate with any of the statements below, welcome. This place is for you.
You are not alone, and you are not to blame.
- You’re confused and topsy-turvy. You want clarity and direction but everything you’ve tried seems to get out of control
- You look like you have your shit together, but inside everything’s a mess
- A relationship has ended and the impact has been devastating (sometimes surprisingly so)
- You feel isolated, disconnected, and alone and want that to change
- You’ve been ‘singled’ by society and your circle, making your needs invisible
- Something terrible was done to you without your permission
- Shocking unexpected events have turned your life upside down
- Anxiety has become a prison causing physical pain, sleepless nights and uninvited interruptions to your whole life
- The big black dog of depression is sitting heavily on you, holding you down in a ditch that you want to get out of
- You’ve been disempowered by numerous ongoing experiences and want to feel strong and confident
My Approach to Counselling
I generally use an approach to counselling known as “Narrative Therapy”. As a Narrative Therapist, I believe that your Story is a story of strength.
Many of my clients have negative stories. They believe they will never be able to heal, recover, be happy or have any agency over their own lives. Perhaps your story feels overwhelmingly negative because you’ve been through hell, and then it’s fed by criticism from people in your life (as well as your own inner critic!) or a society that pushes you down because you’re “different”.
As a counsellor, it’s important for me to acknowledge and understand those stories. It’s equally important for me to draw out more from you. Every time I hear someone’s story in counselling, I see another story alongside it that they don’t see.
Together we can find and co-create stories of strength.
Stories that heal.
Stories that hold true to your values.
Stories that show just how valuable and vital you are.
You have stories that deserve to be wrenched out of the shadows, increase a sense of hope, of self-worth, and provide clarity on how to approach challenges for the rest of your life.
You + Me: Will We Have a Connection?
Research has shown that the greatest predictor of success in counselling is the strength of your relationship with your counsellor.
Given that, I’d like to share a few things about myself so we can start getting to know each other:
7 Mini-Stories About Me…
- My first ever job was teaching swimming, I’m a total water-baby
- I have Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which affects a huge diversity of women across the world, but is still little understood, often misdiagnosed and not well treated
- I love my big old smelly dog Ella and her grey eyebrows more than almost anything in the world. She is family
- Gardening is one of my favourite Mindful activities where I completely switch off the brain and just be in the moment. And in the dirt
- The most incredible country I have travelled in is India. It’s confronting and fearless and messy and vibrant. You can’t ‘not feel’ in India
- Live music is way too undervalued for how much joy it brings
- I’m a feminist. Which means that I believe in equality across the gender and sexuality spectrum, and that I am curious about all the ways we can diversify what we value as a society.
Let Me Help You Become the Hero(ine) of Your Own Story
Are you ready to find freedom in your own life and story? If finding me has you feeling that little spark of hope, take action. Schedule a time for us to connect live, or sign up for the Unveiled Stories blog below.