- 1:1 Zoom video session: $130 for 55 mins
- Talk session (via Zoom but no video): $115 for 55 mins
- Instant Messenger session (via Zoom): $95 for 55 mins
- Email session: $85 per email exchange**(scroll down for more info)
- Relationship coaching session: $170 for 55 mins
- 1:1 business coaching session: $130 for 55 mins (please inquire for more details on packages or session length options)
- Online course ‘From Bashful To Bold‘: $27
All video and ‘in real time’ sessions are conducted on Zoom for your privacy. Most other mainstream messaging services aren’t encrypted and protected for appropriate use by a health service.
My fees are in Australian dollars. I send an invoice on the day of each session. The invoice is to be paid within 24 hours via direct bank transfer or internationally through a secure system called Stripe (like PayPal but you don’t need an account).
Unveiled Stories counselling and coaching is affordable, sustainable over time, and you do not have to wait to get started.
While it’s good to at the beginning to have sessions at a weekly or fortnightly pace, around 80% of my clients have found the help they needed with under 6 sessions. If you’re a stats lover, check out some more of mine from 2018 in this blog post.
PLEASE NOTE: There are options other than Medicare for Australians to have counselling sessions rebated. Medicare rebates are not currently inclusive of counsellors (no matter how qualified or experienced we are). But check this out:
- Workplaces are often willing to pay for sessions with a qualified counsellor of your choice under their EAP agreement, so check with your HR department.
- Private health insurance: Bupa, Medibank, Police Fund and Doctors Fund now provide some rebates for counselling.
- If you are receiving support from a human service they may be able to access some funding for counselling. They are especially supportive of online services, understanding that it’s helpful to be able to take your counsellor with you if you need to move locations.
- Self-Managed NDIS offers coverage for counselling
If you have ANY questions about fees then please do get in touch and ask away.
**Email sessions are conducted via an ongoing Google Doc that only you and I can access and edit. It is not shareable although it will be downloadable for your records. The ‘session length’ is worked out by how long it would take me to read and respond to your email in 1 hour. Some people may be more ‘concise’ than others but whatever your style is, I welcome you. As a tip: try and keep it short enough so that I can absorb and respond within an hour, but long enough to have some level of detail/richness to it (around 600-1200 words: a maximum of 2 A4 pages in size 12 font).
I will write back to you within one week, so if you continue with email it’s like having a weekly counselling session. After the first one, you’ll be guided by reflections I offer or questions I ask. This can be incredibly useful for people who find writing cathartic, would benefit from a professional ‘witnessing’ an event, and then being led to some new thoughts about that event. I also receive positive feedback from people for whom english is a second language as email gives time to read and compose.