- Video/in-person session: $120 for 55 mins (or $160 for 85 mins)
- Talk session: $100 for 55 mins (or $135 for 85 mins)
- Instant Messenger session: $80 for 55 mins (or $110 for 85 mins)
- Email session: $70 per email exchange**
My fees are in Australian dollars. I send an invoice after each session via Wave invoicing and ask that each session be paid within 24 hours or you can pay in cash at an in-person session. It’s a simple matter of direct bank transfer or internationally through a secure system called Stripe (like PayPal but you don’t need an account).
Unveiled Stories counselling is sustainable over time and you do not have to wait to get started.
While it’s good to begin counselling with the mindset of ongoing sessions at a weekly or fortnightly pace, around 80% of my clients have found the help they needed and clarity to move forward with under 6 sessions. If you’re a stats lover, check out some more of mine in this blog post.
PLEASE NOTE: There are options for having sessions paid for other than Medicare which is not available for counselling (no matter how qualified or experienced we are):
- Workplaces are often willing to pay for sessions with a qualified counsellor of your choice under their EAP agreement, so check with your HR department.
- If you have been a victim of a crime in the State of Victoria- even if you did not report it- a lawyer may be able to apply for funding through VOCAT for free.
- If you are receiving support from a service (e.g.: a women’s organisation), they may be able to access some funding for counselling online, understanding that it’s helpful to be able to take your counsellor with you if you need to move locations.
- Some private health funds will now cover counselling with therapists registered with the ACA as I am.
**Email session is worked out by how long it would take me to read and respond to your email in 1 hour. Some people may be more ‘concise’ than others but whatever your style is, I welcome you. As a tip: try and keep it short enough so that I can absorb and respond within an hour, but long enough to have some level of detail/richness to it (around 600-1200 words: a maximum of 2 A4 pages in size 12 font).
I will write back to you within 48 hours (pending weekends/holidays). After the first one, you’ll be guided by reflections I offer or questions I ask. This can be incredibly useful for people who find writing cathartic, would benefit from a professional ‘witnessing’ an event, and then being led to some new thoughts about that event.
If you have ANY questions about fees or how this therapeutic work may benefit your life or anything at all, then please do get in touch and ask away.