- Video/in-person session: $120 for 55 mins (or $160 for 85 mins)
- Talk session: $110 for 55 mins (or $140 for 85 mins)
- Instant Messenger session: $90 for 55 mins (or $115 for 85 mins)
- Email session: $80 per email exchange**(scroll down for more info)
- Couple session- video only: $160 for 55 mins (allow 85 mins for first session, no extra charge)
All ‘in real time’ sessions are conducted on Zoom.
My fees are in Australian dollars. I send an invoice on the day of each session via Wave invoicing to be paid within 24 hours via direct bank transfer or internationally through a secure system called Stripe (like PayPal but you don’t need an account).
Unveiled Stories counselling is sustainable over time and you do not have to wait to get started.
While it’s good to begin counselling with the mindset of ongoing sessions at a weekly or fortnightly pace, around 80% of my clients have found the help they needed and clarity to move forward with under 6 sessions. If you’re a stats lover, check out some more of mine in this blog post.
PLEASE NOTE: There are options other than Medicare to have sessions rebated. Medicare rebates are not currently inclusive of counsellors (no matter how qualified or experienced we are). But check these ideas out:
- Workplaces are often willing to pay for sessions with a qualified counsellor of your choice under their EAP agreement, so check with your HR department.
- Private health insurance: Bupa, Medibank, Police Fund and Doctors Fund now provide coverage for in-person counselling for members of the ACA like myself.
- If you are receiving support from a service (e.g.: a women’s organisation), they may be able to access some funding for counselling online, understanding that it’s helpful to be able to take your counsellor with you if you need to move locations.
- Self-Managed NDIS offers coverage for counselling
**Email session is worked out by how long it would take me to read and respond to your email in 1 hour. Some people may be more ‘concise’ than others but whatever your style is, I welcome you. As a tip: try and keep it short enough so that I can absorb and respond within an hour, but long enough to have some level of detail/richness to it (around 600-1200 words: a maximum of 2 A4 pages in size 12 font).
I will write back to you within one week, so if you continue with email it’s like having a weekly counselling session. After the first one, you’ll be guided by reflections I offer or questions I ask. This can be incredibly useful for people who find writing cathartic, would benefit from a professional ‘witnessing’ an event, and then being led to some new thoughts about that event. I also receive positive feedback from people for whom english is a second language as email gives time to read and compose.
If you have ANY questions about fees or how this therapeutic work may benefit your life or anything at all, then please do get in touch and ask away.