A refuge for Over-Thinkers, Perfectionists, Troubled Couples, Wanderers, Broken Hearts, Survivors, and anyone who desires freedom from suffering on the inside.
Hi, my name is Nicole Hind. I’m a psychotherapist providing online counselling from Australia to folks all over the world, and in-person counselling in Coffs Harbour. Unveiled Stories is my practice, blog and community.
My mission as a counsellor is to help create containers around the unruly messes getting in the way of your life and find relief from dominating problem stories. Counselling isn’t something I’ve jumped on as an afterthought. I’ve spent my life studying and working in therapeutic roles for organisations from Relationships Australia to Women’s Health Centres to The Salvo’s until I opened the doors in late 2015 to Unveiled Stories Counselling. I am honoured and humbled to serve the clients who choose to work with me.
If you resonate with any of the statements below, welcome. This place is for you.
You are not alone, and you are not to blame.
- You’re confused and topsy-turvy. You want clarity and direction but everything you’ve tried seems to get out of control
- You look like you have your shit together, but inside everything’s a mess
- A relationship has ended and the impact has been devastating (sometimes surprisingly so)
- You feel isolated, disconnected, and alone and want that to change
- Something terrible was done to you and it’s on constant replay in your head
- Shocking unexpected events have turned your life upside down
- Anxiety has become a prison causing physical distress, sleepless nights and uninvited interruptions to your whole life
- The big black dog of depression is sitting heavily on you, holding you down in a ditch that you want to get out of
- You’ve been disempowered by horrible ongoing experiences and want to feel more in control and confident
- Dating is not going well, making you feel awful, and you need some help and hope
My Approach to Counselling
I generally use an approach to counselling known as “Narrative Therapy” in which I obtained a Masters Degree via Melbourne University in 2014. As a Narrative Therapist, I believe that your Story is a story of strength.
Many of my clients have negative stories. They believe they will never be able to heal, recover, be happy or have any agency over their own lives. Perhaps your story feels overwhelmingly negative because you’ve been through hell, and then it’s fed by criticism from people in your life (as well as your own inner critic!) or a society that pushes you down because you’re “different”.
As a counsellor, it’s important for me to acknowledge and understand those stories. It’s equally important for me to draw out more from you. Every time I hear someone’s story in counselling, I see another story alongside it that they don’t see.
Together we can find and co-create stories of strength.
Stories that heal.
Stories that hold true to your values.
Stories that show just how valuable and vital you are.
You have stories that deserve to be wrenched out of the shadows, increase a sense of hope, of self-worth, and provide clarity on how to approach challenges for the rest of your life.
You + Me: Will We Have a Connection?
Research has shown that the greatest predictor of success in counselling is the strength of your relationship with your counsellor.
Given that, I’d like to share a few things about myself so we can start getting to know each other:
7 Mini-Stories About Me…
- My first ever job was teaching swimming, I’m a total water-baby
- I have Poly-Cystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), which is a hormonal condition affecting a huge range of women across the world, but is still little understood, often misdiagnosed and not well treated
- I love love LOVE dogs and believe pets are our family
- Gardening is one of my favourite Mindful activities where I completely switch off the brain and just be in the moment. And in the dirt
- The most incredible country I have travelled in is India. It’s confronting and fearless and messy and vibrant. You can’t ‘not feel’ in India
- I’m a huge fan of a good dance-off when i’m out seeing live music
- I have a little show on community radio where I review TV shows through a progressive lens, particularly highlighting LGBTIQ issues being bi/pansexual myself with a lesbian co-host. I unapologetically love a good bit of teev n pop culture.
Let Me Help You Become the Hero of Your Own Story
Are you ready to find freedom in your own life? If finding me has you feeling that little spark of hope, take action. Get in touch with me (I’m prompt and friendly I promise), or sign up for the Unveiled Stories blog below.